Welcome Message

Cochlear Implants, hearing loss and more! I carry an interesting perspective: someone who had normal hearing growing up, lost it all slowly as an adult, then regained it with cochlear implants. So I'm deaf, but I can hear - a true miracle. If you'd like to know more about me and my bilateral cochlear implant experiences right away, my two books have a wealth of information - see the links below. Check out the list of upcoming events too - perhaps one day we'll get to meet!



VISIT MY WEBSITE - CLICK HERE: WWW.LISTENINGCLOSELY.COM

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

LaRueList: Bilateral Cochlear Implant networking at its best

My book, LISTENING CLOSELY, was just featured in an article on LaRueList, a dynamic newsletter produced by a dynamic woman, Jeannine Larue.  Take a look at the article first - and then I'll tell you how my bilateral cochlear implants helped to make this happen.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/News-from-LaRuelist.html?soid=1101316876346&aid=pXlcta-hCWU

A few weeks ago, I attended the NJ Governor's Conference for Women - a great place to network and learn - definitely an empowering experience. The first event was a Networking Reception, an opportunity to "meet and greet" some of the hundreds of women at the conference.  That was a pretty daunting challenge for someone with a hearing loss, but I went in there confident that my bilateral cochlear implants were up to the task of "working the room."  And they were!  It was there that I saw Jeannine, whom I knew from a previous conference.  I updated her about my bilateral CI's and my new book.  People are always interested in learning about this miracle that allows deaf people to hear. 

We both agreed that more people should know about cochlear implants - and my book.  And that's how an article about LISTENING CLOSELY ended up in LaRueList.  Social networking at its best - both live and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment